Monday 19 May 2008

I am Finally Boston Biker!


I got this blogname even before it was true. I did not have a bike untill then. But on 3rd May, my life changed. I finally got my hands on my new bike. Its a 1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7R. I bought it from a guy in Quincy who had maintained it well and the bike had its tuning done under instructions of a racing team manager.

I also got a high end Helmet and a Joe Rocket riding jacket. Although I was ready to ride it on Saturday i.e. the day the seller brought the bike to my place, I could not ride it as it was not registered. I had to somehow get through the weekend. Finally I got up at 07:30 AM on Monday and was the first person to enter the Insurance company's office (In Us, you have to first insure a vehicle before registering it). Got it insured, and went to the RMV. Waited patiently for an hour but then was later told that there was some problem in the paperwork and I will have to now get some more signatures from the seller. I called him and drove about 10 miles to have him sign the paperwork. Finally got it registered and with my license plates in hand, I drove as fast as I could back to my place and attached the plates in record time. BTW, if any cop is reading the blog, yeah I did break all speeding laws that day! Booya!

The 750 CC engine was roaring. The sound was like a symphony. I hit the road and realised the immense power that lay within. As Spidey's uncle says 'With great power comes great responsibility', I rode very responsibly. ;-)

Check out More Pics here:
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/dhairya/Ninja/



I have been riding it for sometime now and love it. Trip logs on the way.

No comments: